Marketing and Communications Coordinator
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for the development, management and implementation of key marketing and communications activities supporting Global Impact’s business lines, projects and campaigns. The Coordinator assists in the development of marketing and communications materials and serves as a writer and editor for the organization, ensuring branding and voice is consistent across internal and external pieces.
- Drafts and/or edits a broad spectrum of marketing and communications materials in a variety of print and digital formats
- Coordinates and implements large-scale advertising campaigns
- Supports the integrated marketing efforts for Global Impact’s administered Combined Federal Campaigns
- Conceptualizes and manages production of suite of collateral materials on an annual basis
- Manages various vendors, including graphic designers and printers
- Applies light graphic design skills for marketing materials created in-house
- Assists in developing and implementing strategic communications plans to ensure a consistent and effective outreach to our various market segments throughout the year
- Collaborates with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure their needs and priorities are understood and reflected in written materials while maintaining consistency with Global Impact positioning
- Researches, analyzes and prepares data to incorporate into written materials
- Creates strategies for and participates in ongoing Marketing & Communications team activities; providing ongoing project management and feedback as required
- Assists with communication needs for external client projects, as needed
Global Impact’s headquarters are in Alexandria, Virginia. Interested candidates should submit salary history and expectations along with cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
- A communications and/or marketing professional with at least 2 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field
- Demonstrable success in managing creative and compelling communications materials
- Knowledge of and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Exceptional writer and editor who can adapt his or her writing style to specific projects, ranging from web content to press releases to executive speeches
- Attention to detail and strong editing skills a must
- Working knowledge of several writing style guides (AP), a plus
- Experience with nonprofit marketing and/or fundraising highly preferred
- Proven verbal communication skills, including communicating with others, listening effectively, interviewing and gathering information from sources at all levels in an organization and working with varying levels of staff
- Ability to write quickly in a variety of voices and formats
- Strong project management skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Ability to be creative and innovative
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with a focus on results
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of nonprofit organizations and international relief and development programs a plus, but not required
About Global Impact
Global Impact is a leader in growing global philanthropy. The organization builds partnerships and raises resources that help the world’s most vulnerable people by providing integrated, partner-specific advisory and backbone services; workplace fundraising and representation; campaign design, marketing and implementation for workplace and signature fundraising campaigns; and fiscal agency and technology services. Global Impact partners with hundreds of public and private sector workplace giving campaigns to generate funding for an alliance of more than 100 of the most respected international charities. Through strategic council and implementation support, Global Impact equips nonprofits, public sector and private sector organizations to achieve their philanthropic goals. The organization also leads national marketing efforts for the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC), and serves as Outreach Coordinator for the Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area (CFCNCA), the Combined Federal Campaign-Overseas (CFC-O) and seven other CFC zones across the United States. Since 1956, Global Impact has generated more than $1.8 billion to help the world’s most vulnerable people.