Dr Haley Beer is Assistant Professor of Performance and Responsibility at Warwick Business School, University of Warwick. Also, she is the Lead of Social Impact Evaluation of Coventry City of Culture 2021. Previously, Dr Haley was Head of Research and Development at the Centre for Citizenship, Enterprise and Governance.
WHAT THIS SESSION COVERS
The aim of this session is to help business professionals understand what are the challenges and trends in developing qualitative methods for measuring social impact; what are the key points that practitioners within businesses should be aware of; and what are examples of initiatives going in the right direction.
<p><a href=”https://vimeo.com/457779981″>"How to" Session: Haley Beer</a> from <a href=”https://vimeo.com/fightpoverty”>Business Fights Poverty</a> on <a href=”https://vimeo.com”>Vimeo</a>.</p>
Practical resources to understand, create, and measure impact:
- McLoed & Noble (2016) Listen & Learn: How charities can use qualitative research. New Philanthropy Capital
- Threlfall & Ékoute (2019) Bridging the Gap: A review of foundation listening practices. Hewlett Packard Foundation
- World Economic Forum (2017) Engaging all affected stakeholders: Guidance for investors, funders, and organizations
This How-To Video is part of Business Fights Poverty NYC Online 2020, a one-week, online conference (21 to 25 September) that builds on our recent online conference Business Fights Poverty Online 2020 (13 to 17 July) to drive forward connection, conversations and collaboration around how we rebuild better – how together we create an equitable and resilient world. The week consists of inspiring and engaging content, live events, peer networking and community-led learning. The week also builds on our Business and COVID-19 Response with Harvard Kennedy School Corporate Responsibility Initiative, and supported by DFID and a number of our corporate partners.
Each day, we will focus on a specific theme: Imagining the Future We Want (Monday); Creating an Equitable World (Tuesday); Helping People Survive and Thrive (Wednesday); Building Resilient Livelihoods (Thursday); Shaping System-Level Partnerships (Friday).
You can register here to join us at the online event.
- Beer, H. A., & Micheli, P. (2017). How performance measurement influences stakeholders in not-for-profit organizations. International Journal of Operations & Production Management.
- Beer, H. A., & Micheli, P. (2018). Advancing performance measurement theory by focusing on subjects: Lessons from the measurement of social value. International Journal of Management Reviews, 20(3), 755-771.
- Prasad, A., & Prasad, P. (2002). The coming of age of interpretive organizational research. Organizational Research Methods, 5(1), 4-11.
The post VIDEO: How Can Companies Develop Qualitative Methods to Measure Social Impact appeared first on Business Fights Poverty.