Clinton Foundation CEO Kevin Thurm provides updates on the work of the Foundation’s programs.
Highlights from the week of August 20, 2018:
- Forbes published two articles that highlighted the role of the Foundation in promoting philanthropic cooperation around the world:
- The first article is authored by Kevin Xu, a member of the Clinton Global Initiative community, who discusses the unique model that served as a platform for internal and external partners to share information and resources to solve global challenges. You can read the full article below.
- The second article discusses the work of Kuli Kuli, an organization promoting the health benefits of Moringa, a plant known to have numerous positive effects on health. The founder of this organization, Lisa Curtis, highlighted how partnering with the Clinton Foundation helped her to create a truly sustainable and philanthropic business model. You can read this article below.
- The Clinton Global Initiative University (CGI U) launched the application for the CGI U Commitments Challenge in partnership with GoFundMe. The Challenge gives CGI U 2018 students the opportunity to go head-to-head to raise money for their Commitments to Action and receive crowdfunding tips and exposure from both CGI U and GoFundMe. The student who raises the most money for his/her individual or group commitment by October 18, 2018 will be featured on-stage at CGI U 2018 during the closing plenary session. Last year’s winning commitment at CGI U 2017, “Dream Chasers” by two Wesleyan University students, raised more than $18,000 to support an after-school peer mentorship program in Kennesaw, Georgia.
- In Haiti, the Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership (CGEP) hosted a visit by the W.K. Kellogg Foundation including CEO, La June Montgomery Tabron, to the nursery of its agribusiness Acceso Haiti. During the visit, CGEP and Acceso team members presented on the history of their work with peanut farmers, the importance of the nursery in providing diversified and improved varieties of crops including lime and mangoes, and the quality control processes conducted by CGEP as well as the progress they have been able to achieve thanks to Kellogg’s support. Farmers from six different communities also shared their stories and described how working with Acceso Haiti has impacted their lives.
Great visit to our agribusiness Acceso Haiti’s nursery with partner @WK_Kellogg_Fdn yesterday, meeting the field team & farmers and discussing how we can continue working together to sustainably improve smallholder livelihoods in #Haiti
- The Clinton Presidential Center celebrated President Bill Clinton’s 72nd birthday with two free-admission days. Guests were invited to tour the permanent exhibits on Saturday, August 18 and Sunday, August 19, and to sign a guest book with special birthday messages to President Clinton.
Visit the Clinton Center and see a full-scale replica of the Oval Office and a reconstruction of the Cabinet Room. And this weekend, Aug 18 & 19, admission to tour the Clinton Center is FREE! https://t.co/suZ5nJzg2r
To learn more about the Clinton Foundation, and to see our latest impact report, visit clintonfoundation.org/impact.